[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]When Can I See a Doctor? After reporting your injury to your supervisor or manager, your employer will have one working day to provide you with a Workers' Compensation Claim Form (DWC-1).  Upon completing the DWC-1 and returning it to your employer, you will be authorized to seek up to $10,000 in immediate medical treatment. Can I Choose My Own Doctor? Only in certain circumstances.  In most situations, you are not allowed to choose your own doctor in a workers' compensation claim.  Instead, you will be assigned a doctor inside your employer's medical provider network (MPN).  Choosing your own doctor needs to be done before you are injured, a process known as predesignation.  If you are injured without predesignating your preferred doctor, you will need to treat inside the MPN. How Long Can I Receive Medical Treatment? Medical treatment is provided until you make a full recovery or your recovery has advanced to a place where additional treatment will not improve your condition, resulting in permanent disability. Does Workers' Compensation Pay for My Medical Treatment? Until the status of your claim is determined, the insurer is responsible for your medical treatment.  If your claim is accepted, the insurer will continue to pay for your treatment.  If your claim is denied, the insurer will stop paying for treatment until your case is decided by a judge.  You can continue seeking treatment from a doctor who agrees to bill on a medical lien.  The cost for treatment will be paid by the insurance company if your appeal is successful.  In almost every circumstance, an injured worker is not responsible for his or her medical bills. Is My Employer Entitled to See My Medical Records? Your employer is not allowed to see your medical records, the only exception being information related to the diagnosis of your injury, the treatment of your injury, and information necessary to determine if they can offer you modified work.  However, the insurance company will be able to access your medical records for the purpose of approving or denying your workers' compensation claim. Will I Be Compensated for Travel to Medical Appointments? Yes, you are entitled to reimbursement for travel.  The mileage rate is set by state law.  You will need to keep track of your mileage and parking expenses on a log that will be provided to you.  You can submit this log as often as you wish to the claims administrator to receive reimbursement. Will a Workers' Compensation Attorney Help Me? Absolutely.  When you retain a workers' compensation law firm to help you with your work injury, any questions you have can be answered by an expert.  The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth can help you determine if the medical care you're receiving is right for you and help you switch doctors if it isn't.  If you or a loved one has been hurt while working, our team of professionals can help you on your road to physical and financial recovery.  Call us at 888-517-9888 today to receive a free consultation.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]